Macroeconomics, 10th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Pearson eText Macroeconomics -- Instant Access
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
MyLab Economics with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Macroeconomics
- Instant Access
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Macroeconomics [RENTAL EDITION]
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in intermediate macroeconomics.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
A unified approach to economic theory
Demonstrating a balanced treatment of both classical and Keynesian economics, Macroecomomics presents macroeconomic theory in a big-picture way. Comprehensive coverage makes it easy for instructors to align chapters to fit their own syllabi, and the text helps students analyze real macroeconomic data used by policy makers and researchers. This text takes a unified approach based on a single economics model that provides students with a clear understanding of macroeconomics and its classical and Keynesian assumptions. The 10th Edition features new applications, boxes, and problems throughout. It also reflects recent events and developments in the field, such as the recent crisis in the US and Europe and the many new tools used by the Federal Reserve in response.
Personalize learning with MyLab Economics
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Table of contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
1. Introduction to Macroeconomics
2. The Measurement and Structure of the National Economy
PART 2: LONG-RUN ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE
3. Productivity, Output, and Employment
4. Consumption, Saving, and Investment
5. Saving and Investment in the Open Economy
6. Long-Run Economic Growth
7. The Asset Market, Money, and Prices
PART 3: BUSINESS CYCLES AND MACROECONOMIC POLICY
8. Business Cycles
9. The IS–LM/AD–AS Model: A General Framework for Macroeconomic Analysis
10. Classical Business Cycle Analysis: Market-Clearing Macroeconomics
11. Keynesianism: The Macroeconomics of Wage and Price Rigidity
PART 4: MACROECONOMIC POLICY: ITS ENVIRONMENT AND INSTITUTIONS
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Exchange Rates, Business Cycles, and Macroeconomic Policy in the Open Economy
14. Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve System
15. Government Spending and Its Financing
Appendix A: Some Useful Analytical Tools
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (July 18th 2019) - Copyright © 2020