Managing High-Intensity Internet Projects, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
The rapid-fire guide to managing high-intensity software projects.
Today's high-intensity, Internet-time projects: they're more than yesterday's management techniques can handle. To succeed, you need to understand what's different, where the pitfalls are, what works, and what doesn't. You need Managing High-Intensity Internet Projects. Legendary IT leader Ed Yourdon delivers instant, practical solutions for key challenges associated with Internet development. You'll discover how to:
- Manage the brutal negotiations and politics surrounding Internet projects
- Develop strategies that minimize risk
- Define requirements that are flexible enough to adapt-and solid enough to work
- Transform business processes, applications, and infrastructure at the same time
- Identify tools and technologies that support fast-paced development without compromising your future
- Maximize the effectiveness and value of your testing processes
- Realistically monitor your progress and make adjustments fast
Whether you're building B2B or B2C, infrastructure or mobile applications, Managing High-Intensity Internet Projects is your secret weapon-everything you need to deliver outstanding results on Internet time!
Table of contents
2. Project Politics and Negotiations.
3. Business Process Re-engineering.
4. E-Business Strategy.
5. Managing the Software Process.
6. Managing the Requirements Process.
7. Managing the Design and Coding Processes.
8. Managing the Testing Process.
9. Monitoring Project Progress.
10. Managing Risk.
11. Managing the Team.
12. Managing Tools and Technology.
Published by Pearson (October 2nd 2001) - Copyright © 2002