Marriages, Families, and Intimate Relationships, 4th edition
Published by Pearson (August 11th 2016) - Copyright © 2017
- Instant Access
An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
REVEL™ for Marriages, Families, and Intimate Relationships explores the question: can we still find intimate relationships in our complex world? Through an examination of the influences imposed upon modern life — an unpredictable economy, globalization, computerization, the all-pervasive media, etc. — the authors attempt to pass along lessons that help students make lasting personal connections. REVEL for the Fourth Edition discusses fundamental concepts and insights across social science disciplines to answer the questions that greatly matter to students. Students are engaged by high-interest, extremely useful information that blends the authors’ combined strengths: teaching, consulting, counseling, researching, and publishing. REVEL for Marriages, Families, and Intimate Relationships is based in research yet remains highly readable, exploring topics of great interest to students’ personal lives such as intimacy, family, and personal happiness in the context of their distracted, visually oriented world.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, REVEL is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
2. Understanding: Learning about Intimate Behavior
3. Gender: The Meanings of Masculinity and Femininity
4. Involvement: Dating, Pairing, and Courtship
5. Love: The Many Faces
6. Communication: Realizing Effective Intimacy
7. Sexuality: Interpersonal Sexuality, Sexual Values, and Behavior
8. Marriage: The Ultimate Commitment?
9. Variations: Nonmarital Families and Households
10. Reproduction: Decisions about Having or Not Having Children
11. Parenting: Children, Families, and Generations
12. Work: Economics, Jobs, and Balancing Family Demands
13. Crises: Managing Stress, Disaster, Violence, and Abuse
14. Uncoupling: Separation and Divorce
15. Remarriage: Reinvented, Renewed, and Blended Families
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material