Mastering the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination, 3rd edition
Mastering the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination Plus Pearson eText 2.0 -- Access Card Package
You'll get a bound printed text.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the Pearson eText platform exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson eText, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access code for the Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Pearson eText.
A powerful resource and tool for preparing for two of the most important examinations in counselor preparation and credentialing — the National Counselor Examination for Licensure and Certification (NCE) and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination (CPCE).
Mastering the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination is specifically designed to help students preparing for the NCE or CPCE and professional counselors preparing to take the NCE as a licensure exam. This practical guide provides numerous sample questions, includes four full-length practice exams — two for the NCE and two for the CPCE — and presents pertinent information about the NCE and CPCE, including discussion of its rationale, structure, format, and scoring procedures. Readers have ample opportunities to test their knowledge and practice answering the types of questions that they will encounter on the exams.
Fully updated to align with 2016 CACREP standards and current NCE/CPCE content, the 3rd Edition includes new test preparation items, additional case studies, and a revised glossary of key terms. An updated Chapter 1 includes test-taking strategies, and a revised Chapter 9 focuses on what future counselors need to know about getting a job and marketing themselves as professional counselors.
Improve mastery and retention with Pearson eText*
Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
Pearson eText 2.0 titles are compliant with the ADA Standards for Accessible Design.
*Pearson eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0136631258 / 9780136631255 Mastering the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination Plus Pearson eText 2.0 -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0135192455 / 9780135192450 Mastering the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination
- 0136631231 / 9780136631231 Mastering the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination, Pearson eText 2.0 -- Access Card
Note: NCE® is a registered trademark of the National Board for Certified Counselors®, Inc. (NBCC®). National Counselor Exam™ is a trademark of the NBCC. Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination™ and CPCE™ are trademarks of the Center for Credentialing & Education™ (CCE®).
NBCC and CCE do not endorse or sponsor the services or products of any individuals, businesses, or other organizations. NBCC and CCE are not, in any way, responsible for such services or products, or the representations made concerning such services, products, or affiliations with other organizations or businesses.
Table of contents
1. Professional Orientation and Ethical Practice2. Social and Cultural Diversity
3. Human Growth and Development
4. Lifestyle and Career Development
5. Helping Relationships
6. Group Work
8. Research and Program Evaluation
9. From Envisioning to Actualization: Marketing Yourself in the 21st Century
Practice Tests of the National Counselor Examination and the Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination
NCE Sample Test—Form AGlossary
NCE Sample Test—Form B
CPCE Sample Test—Form A
CPCE Sample Test—Form B
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020