You'll get a bound printed text.
Mathematics Content for Elementary and Middle School Teachers, 5e
This short primer provides the essential information in each of the major math content areas that pre-service and in-service elementary and middle school teachers are expected to know. As a quick reference to math concepts, events, influence, and chronology, this text is an invaluable resource for the classroom teacher who needs help in planning and answering student questions. Based on national standards, this primer provides a strong overview of math concepts, alleviating future teachers from having to re-teach math content, so they can remain focused on the methods.
- A great supplement for students who need to prepare for teacher certification exams.
- An exhaustive index at the back of the book makes the text a valuable, easy-to-use reference tool.
- Educational Resources for each content area, located at the end of each content chapter, provide pedagogical grounding for the content covered in the chapter.
- Student Resources at the end of each content chapter offer suggestions for further research.
- Up-to-date Websites for each content area direct the reader to valuable supplemental information.
Table of contents
1. Why Study Mathematics?
2. A Short History of Mathematics.
3. Number Sense and Concepts.
4. Whole Number Operations.
5. Fractions, Decimals, and Percents.
6. Algebraic Thinking.
8. Geometry and Spatial Sense.
9. Data Analysis and Probability.
10. Problem Solving and Logical Reasoning.
11. Mathematics, Technology, and Teaching.
12. Communication, Connections, and Representation.
A Final Word.
General Resources for the Teacher.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material