Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For courses in medical terminology.
An immersive deep-dive into medical terminology
Medical Language: Immerse Yourself is grounded in immersive language learning. Rather than memorizing vocabulary, students experience the sights and sounds of health care as they listen, speak, write, watch, examine, and think. A greater quantity and variety of exercises than any other text maximize opportunities to reinforce learning. The 5th edition retains its organization by medical specialty — the way medicine is practiced in the real world. New to the 5th edition is a reorganization into 15 chapters, perfect for a 16-week course, and into five sections correlated with learning outcomes. Each section ends with new Practice Laps evaluating student competency and underscoring learning goals.
Also available with MyLab Medical Terminology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. With MyLab Medical Terminology, students build a solid foundation of medical language through interactive games, Dynamic Study Modules, and narrated lectures.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Medical Terminology does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Medical Terminology, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Medical Terminology, search for:
0135213649 / 9780135213643 Medical Language: Immerse Yourself Plus MyLab Medical Terminology with Pearson eText--Access Card Package, 5e
Package consists of:
- 0134988396 / 9780134988399 Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 5e
- 0135190703 / 9780135190708 MyLab Medical Terminology with Pearson etext--Access Card--for Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 5e
Table of contents
1. Medical Language and Health Care Today
2. Dermatology • Integumentary System
3. Gastroenterology • Gastrointestinal System
4. Pulmonology • Respiratory System
5. Cardiology • Cardiovascular System
6. Hematology and Immunology • Blood and Lymphatic System
7. Orthopedics • Skeletal System
8. Orthopedics • Muscular System
9. Neurology • Nervous System
10. Urology • Urinary System
11. Male Reproductive Medicine • Male Genitourinary System
12. Gynecology and Obstetrics • Female Genital and Reproductive System
13. Endocrinology • Endocrine System
14. Ophthalmology • Eye
15. Otolaryngology • Ears, Nose, and Throat
A. Glossary of Medical Word Parts: Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms
B. Glossary of Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Short Forms
Published by Pearson (February 4th 2019) - Copyright © 2020