Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 4th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyMedicalTerminologyLab™
Promote mastery of medical language with an immersive experience
One of the best ways to learn a language is to immerse yourself in all aspects of that language. Medical Language: Immerse Yourself does just that. It includes an unsurpassed quantity and variety of exercises to actively engage students with the material and hone their word-building skills. Its appealing, uncluttered design contains hundreds of colorful, interesting images and plenty of white space for easy reading and note-taking. And, its intuitive organization is based on medical specialties, not just body systems, so students understand how what they are learning is applied in the real world of healthcare. Throughout the text, learners are encouraged to listen, speak, write, watch, examine, and make connections–all of the activities they need to truly master medical language.
Adaptive learning with MyMedicalTerminologyLab
MyMedicalTerminologyLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. No matter their learning style, students will build a solid foundation of medical language through MyMedicalTerminologyLab’s interactive games, adaptive Dynamic Study Modules, and author-narrated lectures.
0134320476 / 9780134320472 Medical Language: Immerse Yourself PLUS MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 4/e
Package consists of:
- 0134318129 / 9780134318127 Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 4/e
- 0134318404 / 9780134318400 MyMedicalTerminologyLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Medical Language: Immerse Yourself. 4/e
Table of contents
PART I. INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL LANGUAGE
1. The Structure of Medical Language
2. The Body in Health and Disease
PART II MEDICAL SPECIALTIES AND BODY SYSTEMS
3. Gastroenterology • Gastrointestinal System
4. Pulmonology • Respiratory System
5. Cardiology • Cardiovascular System
6. Hematology and Immunology • Blood and Lymphatic System
7. Dermatology • Integumentary System
8. Orthopedics • Skeletal System
9. Orthopedics • Muscular System
10. Neurology • Nervous System
11. Urology • Urinary System
12. Male Reproductive Medicine • Male Genitourinary System
13. Gynecology and Obstetrics • Female Genital and Reproductive System
14. Endocrinology • Endocrine System
15. Ophthalmology • Eye
16. Otolaryngology • Ears, Nose, and Throat
PART III. OTHER MEDICAL SPECIALTIES
19. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
APPENDIX A. Glossary of Medical Word Parts: Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms
APPENDIX B. Glossary of Medical Abbreviations
ANSWER KEY AK-1
Published by Pearson (June 28th 2016) - Copyright © 2017