NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in medical terminology.
This package includes MyLab Medical Terminology.
An immersive deep-dive into medical terminology
Medical Language: Immerse Yourself is grounded in immersive language learning. Rather than memorizing vocabulary, students experience the sights and sounds of health care as they listen, speak, write, watch, examine, and think. A greater quantity and variety of exercises than any other text maximize opportunities to reinforce learning. The 5th edition retains its organization by medical specialty — the way medicine is practiced in the real world. New to the 5th edition is a reorganization into 15 chapters, perfect for a 16-week course, and into five sections correlated with learning outcomes. Each section ends with new Practice Laps evaluating student competency and underscoring learning goals.
Personalize learning with MyLab Medical Terminology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. With MyLab Medical Terminology, students build a solid foundation of medical language through interactive games, Dynamic Study Modules, and narrated lectures.
0135213649 / 9780135213643 Medical Language: Immerse Yourself Plus MyLab Medical Terminology with Pearson eText--Access Card Package, 5e
Package consists of:
- 0134988396 / 9780134988399 Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 5e
- 0135190703 / 9780135190708 MyLab Medical Terminology with Pearson etext--Access Card--for Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 5e
Table of contents
1. Medical Language and Health Care Today
2. Dermatology • Integumentary System
3. Gastroenterology • Gastrointestinal System
4. Pulmonology • Respiratory System
5. Cardiology • Cardiovascular System
6. Hematology and Immunology • Blood and Lymphatic System
7. Orthopedics • Skeletal System
8. Orthopedics • Muscular System
9. Neurology • Nervous System
10. Urology • Urinary System
11. Male Reproductive Medicine • Male Genitourinary System
12. Gynecology and Obstetrics • Female Genital and Reproductive System
13. Endocrinology • Endocrine System
14. Ophthalmology • Eye
15. Otolaryngology • Ears, Nose, and Throat
A. Glossary of Medical Word Parts: Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms
B. Glossary of Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Short Forms
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material