NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For short courses (e.g., one-hour courses) in medical terminology.
This package includes MyLab Medical Terminology.
A fun, accessible approach to medical terminology
An introductory-level “essentials” text, Medical Terminology: Get Connected! prepares students to make connections — whether it’s connecting word parts to form medical terms, learning connections within body systems, or communicating with colleagues and patients. Unlike other medical terminology resources, this text presents terms by medical specialty, rather than organ systems, giving it practical use. The fully updated 3rd edition has more engaging practice exercises, more robust visuals, and more detail on the healthcare practitioners who use medical terminology.
Personalize learning with MyLab Medical Terminology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. With MyLab Medical Medical Terminology, students build a solid foundation of medical language through interactive games, Dynamic Study Modules, and Guided Lectures.
0135216923 / 9780135216927 Medical Terminology: Get Connected! Plus MyLab Medical Terminology with Pearson eText--Access Card Package, 3e
Package consists of:
- 0134989457 / 9780134989457 Medical Terminology: Get Connected!, 3e
- 0135213630 / 9780135213636 MyLab Medical Terminology with Pearson eText--Access Card--for Medical Terminology: Get Connected!, 3e
Table of contents
SECTION I: BASIC WORD BUILDING
1. Introduction to Medical Terminology
4. Anatomical Terminology
SECTION II: MEDICAL SPECIALTIES
5. Dermatology: Integumentary System
6. Orthopedics: Musculoskeletal System
7. Cardiology: Cardiovascular System
8. Hematology: Blood
9. Immunology: Immune Systems
10. Pulmonology: Respiratory System
11. Gastroenterology: Digestive System
12. Urology and Nephrology: Urinary System and Male Reproductive System
13. Obstetrics and Gynecology: Female Reproductive System
14. Neurology: Nervous System
15. Endocrinology: Endocrine System
16. Ophthalmology: The Eye
17. Otorhinolaryngology: The Ear, Nose, and Throat
SECTION III: APPENDICES
I. Word Parts
II. Abbreviations and Symbols
III. Selected English/Spanish Glossary
IV. Answer Keys
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material