Merchandising Math: A Managerial Approach, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
This text provides a comprehensive introduction to the financial management of merchandising fashion goods. Merchandising concepts and math skills required to make good financial decisions are presented in an integrated framework so that students see how merchandising theory and mathematical formulas are applied to solve real-world retailing problems. To be successful in our fast moving retail environment, students must know more than pre-set formulas and store specific formats. They must under stand the merchandising principles and the managerial decision-making processes that underpin good decision-making. This text integrates the presentation of merchandising and retailing concepts, managerial planning and decision-making processes, and mathematical formulas used in retail operations. Students learn both the merchandising knowledge and mathematical skills needed to succeed in the field of merchandising.Key Features
- Integrated presentation of merchandising principles, mathematical formulas, and real world applications
- Comprehensive coverage of financial skills required for successfully planning, procuring, and selling fashion goods
- Strong coverage of the managerial planning process (Introduced in Chapter 5, and integrated in Chapters 6, 7, 8, and 9)
- Relationships between variables in a formula are explained prior to presenting the calculation of a formula
- Spreadsheet applications are provided for each concept
- Study Wizard CD-ROM included with the text, provides the student with a wealth of additional problems and practice quiz questions
Table of contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND BASICS.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (September 8th 2003) - Copyright © 2004