Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (May 16th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134695624Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students
ISBN-13: 9780134695747Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780134691800Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students -- Enhanced Pearson eText
ISBN-13: 9780134695686Includes: Instant Access
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
Research-based coverage of general teaching methods and contemporary strategies for K-12 classrooms
Methods for Effective Teaching helps teachers with every aspect of their day-to-day responsibilities. Readers learn about everything from planning and choosing the right instructional strategies, to delivering lessons, managing the classroom, disciplining students, assessing progress, and collaborating with colleagues and parents to actively engage students in learning. Numerous features, tables, and lists of recommendations help readers apply concepts and think critically about the decisions they’ll have to make in their teaching careers. All of the content is aligned to professional standards, including the InTASC standards. Additionally, this book is designed to help prepare readers for topics covered on teacher licensure exams, such as the Praxis PLT, and performance assessment evaluations.
This new edition covers contemporary issues such as culturally responsive teaching, differentiated instruction, technology, and data-driven decision making.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with embedded videos. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134691806 / 9780134691800 Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134695712 / 9780134695716 Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students -- Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0134695747 / 9780134695747 Methods for Effective Teaching: Meeting the Needs of All Students
Table of contents
1.Teaching Students in Today’s World
PART II: PLANNING INSTRUCTION
2. Knowing and Connecting with Your Students
3. The Fundamentals of Planning
4. Planning Lessons and Units
PART III: SELECTING INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES
5. Teacher-Centered Instructional Strategies
6. Student-Centered Instructional Strategies
7. Strategies That Promote Understanding, Thinking, and Engagement
PART IV: MANAGING INSTRUCTION AND THE CLASSROOM
8. Managing Lesson Delivery
9. Classroom Management
10. Classroom Discipline
PART V: ASSESSING AND REPORTING STUDENT PERFORMANCE
11. Assessing Student Performance
12. Grading Systems, Marking, and Reporting
PART VI: WORKING WITH OTHERS
13. Collaborating with Colleagues and Families
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material