Microbiology: An Introduction, 13th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Mastering Microbiology may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).
This package includes Mastering Microbiology.
Cutting edge microbiology research for today’s learners
Tortora, Funke, and Case’s Microbiology, An Introduction brings a 21st-century lens to the #1 best-selling text on the market. Known for its exceptionally clear presentation of complex topics, this trusted text provides a careful balance of concepts and applications, pedagogically superior art, and robust animations and media via Mastering™ Microbiology.
With the 13th Edition, new Exploring the Microbiome boxes present updated research on the microbiome and how microbes influence human health. Four new Big Picture spreads cover vaccine-preventable diseases, the “hygiene hypothesis,” vertical transmission, and bioterrorism.
Personalize learning with Mastering MicrobiologyMastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and improves results for each student. An expanded, robust Mastering Microbiology program works with the text to provide an interactive and personalized learning experience that ensures students learn microbiology both in and out of the classroom.
0134688643 / 9780134688640 Microbiology: An Introduction Plus MasteringMicrobiology with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134605187 / 9780134605180 Microbiology: An Introduction
- 0134716124 / 9780134716121 MasteringMicrobiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Microbiology: An Introduction
Table of contents
Part One: Fundamentals of Microbiology
1. The Microbial World and You
2. Chemical Principles
3. Observing Microorganisms through a Microscope
4. Functional Anatomy of Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells
5. Microbial Metabolism
6. Microbial Growth
7. The Control of Microbial Growth
8. Microbial Genetics
9. Biotechnology and DNA Technology
Part Two: A Survey of the Microbial World
10. Classification of Microorganisms
11. The Prokaryotes: Domains Bacteria and Archaea
12. The Eukaryotes: Fungi, Algae, Protozoa, and Helminths
13. Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
Part Three: Interaction between Microbe and Host
14. Principles of Disease and Epidemiology
15. Microbial Mechanisms of Pathogenicity
16. Innate Immunity: Nonspecific Defenses of the Host
17. Adaptive Immunity: Specific Defenses of the Host
18. Practical Applications of Immunology
19. Disorders Associated with the Immune System
20. Antimicrobial Drugs
Part Four Microorganisms and Human Disease
21. Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Eyes
22. Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System
23. Microbial Diseases of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
24. Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System
25. Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
26. Microbial Disease of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
Part Five: Environmental and Applied Microbiology
27. Environmental Microbiology
28. Applied and Industrial Microbiology
Published by Pearson (January 17th 2018) - Copyright © 2019