NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
The Pearson eText and Mastering have been updated to provide new author-written content and cutting-edge microbiology research critical for today’s students.
For pre-nursing and allied health students (including mixed-majors courses).
Explore the invisible world of microbiology and why it matters to human life
Dr. Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Body System engages students in visualizing the invisible and practicing critical thinking with real-world problems and clinical applications. Author-created Video Tutors and Disease in Depth features foster understanding and encourage students to explore microbiology. The continued focus on clinical situations prepares students for future opportunities and success in applied practice and healthcare careers.
Personalize learning with Mastering Microbiology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Mastering Microbiology provides tutorials, animations and career relevant applications that enable students to see the invisible world of microbiology, to master key microbiology concepts, and to apply those concepts to human life.
013445233X/9780134452333 Microbiology with Diseases by Body System Plus Mastering Microbiology with eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
0134477200 / 9780134477206 Microbiology with Diseases by Body System
0134626362 / 9780134626369 Mastering Microbiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Microbiology with Diseases by Body System, 5/e
Table of contents
- A Brief History of Microbiology
- The Chemistry of Microbiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Nutrition and Growth
- Microbial Genetics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
- Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
- Innate Immunity
- Adaptive Immunity
- Immunization and Immune Testing
- Immune Disorders
- Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Wounds
- Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System and Eyes
- Microbial Cardiovascular and Systemic Diseases
- Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System
- Microbial Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive Systems
- Applied and Industrial Microbiology
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material