NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in introductory microbiology.
This package includes Mastering Microbiology.
Explore the invisible world of microbiology and why it matters to human life
Known for its unique art program and conversational writing style, Robert Bauman’s Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy consistently emphasizes why microbiology matters, especially in health care. The taxonomic organization of the disease chapters (Chapters 19–27) presents microbial diseases by type of pathogenic microbe, helping students recognize shared characteristics among categories of microbes.
The 6th Edition presents a revitalized and strengthened pedagogical framework based on how students learn best. Checkpoints appear throughout the text and direct students to interactive versions of text features in Mastering Microbiology. The interactive features provide just-in-time remediation that helps fill skill gaps and gives students immediate feedback on their progress with the material. New interactive concept maps provide opportunities for students to construct their knowledge and can be assigned in Mastering Microbiology. To emphasize how our understanding of microbiology is constantly expanding, the new edition integrates cutting-edge microbiology research that is critical for today’s students. New Research on Microbial metabolism is introduced in Chapter 5 as well as recent findings on recombinant DNA technology and CRISPR technique are found in Chapter 8.
Personalize learning with Mastering Microbiology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, Mastering personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Mastering Microbiology provides tutorials, animations and career relevant applications that enable students to see the invisible world of microbiology, to master key microbiology concepts, and to apply those concepts to human life.
013515992X / 9780135159927 Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy Plus Mastering Microbiology with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134832302 / 9780134832302 Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy
- 0134999517 / 9780134999517 Mastering Microbiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Microbiology with Diseases by Taxonomy
Table of contents
- A Brief History of Microbiology
- The Chemistry of Microbiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Microscopy, Staining, and Classification
- Microbial Metabolism
- Microbial Nutrition and Growth
- Microbial Genetics
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Environment
- Controlling Microbial Growth in the Body: Antimicrobial Drugs
- Characterizing and Classifying Prokaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Eukaryotes
- Characterizing and Classifying Viruses, Viroids, and Prions
- Infection, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology
- Innate Immunity
- 16. Specific Defense: Adaptive Immunity
- Immunization and Immune Testing
- 18. Hypersensitivities, Autoimmune Diseases, and Immune Deficiencies
- Pathogenic Gram-Positive Bacteria
- Pathogenic Gram-Negative Cocci and Bacilli
- Rickettsias, Chlamydias, Spirochetes, and Vibrios
- Pathogenic Fungi
- Parasitic Protozoa, Helminths, and Arthropod Vectors
- Pathogenic DNA Viruses
- Pathogenic RNA Viruses
- Applied and Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Ecology and Microbiomes
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material