NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in the Principles of Economics.
This package includes MyEconLab®.
Introduces Readers to the Basic Concepts of Economics with Timely, Engaging Stories and Applications
Readers hoping to gain a better understanding of the world around them, often leave with their questions unanswered. Microeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools isbuilt upon the author’s philosophy of using the basic concepts of economics to explain a wide variety of timely, engaging, real-world economic applications.
The Ninth Edition incorporates updated figures and data, while also emphasizing current topics of interest—including the severe economic downturn of recent years and the latest developments in economic thinking. It also includes newly refined Learning Objectives that introduce the concepts explored in each chapter, along with new applications and chapter-opening stories related to the most up-to-date developments in microeconomics.
Personalize Learning with MyEconLab
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage readers and improve results. Within its structured environment, readers practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134424034 / 9780134424033 Microeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText (1-semester access) -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134061632 / 9780134061634 MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for Microeconomics: Principles, Applications and Tools
- 013407887X / 9780134078878 Microeconomics: Principles, Applications, and Tools
Table of contents
Part 1: Introduction and Key Principles
1. Introduction: What Is Economics?
2. The Key Principles of Economics
3. Exchange and Markets
4. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
Part 2: A Closer Look at Demand and Supply
5. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness
6. Market Efficiency and Government Intervention
7. Consumer Choice: Utility Theory and Insights from Neuroscience
Part 3: Market Structures and Pricing
8. Production Technology and Cost
9. Perfect Competition
10. Monopoly and Price Discrimination
11. Market Entry and Monopolistic Competition
12. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
13. Controlling Market Power: Antitrust and Regulation
Part 4: Externalities and Information
14. Imperfect Information: Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard
15. Public Goods and Public Choice
16. External Costs and Environmental Policy
Part 5: The Labor Market and Income Distribution
17. The Labor Market and the Distribution of Income
Part 6: The International Economy
18. International Trade and Public Policy
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material