Movement and Music: Developing Activities for Young Children, 1st edition
Published by Pearson (April 25th 2014) - Copyright © 2015
You'll get a bound printed text.
In this new guide, teachers, child care providers and parents gain the knowledge and skills they need to make informed decisions on helping children develop the intrinsic motivation to move throughout their lives. More than a listing of activities, it presents in-depth information on physical activity and music that allows the early childhood educator to match motivating physical activity and music lessons to the developmental level of the child. The Guiding Principles throughout the book focus on meeting individual needs, reciprocating environment and curriculum, integrating movement and music, involving family and community, and getting guidance through assessment and standards.
Features of this motivating book:
- Chapter objectives match to the guiding principles to tie the content of the chapter to the overall objectives of the book.
- Chapter opening scenarios illustrate key concepts.
- M2 Fun sample activities provide quick, fun ideas teachers can integrate into a lesson, or use as an activity break to engage students.
- Demonstrate Knowledge, Skills, and Disposition authentic activities relate to learning outcomes and guiding principles and require the learner to apply the objectives of the chapter to planning learning objectives and activities for children.
- Planning for Engaging physical activities and/or music standards at the end of the text provide three ways to practice the stand and show how to evaluate the learning.
- Practice for Engaging the Learner activities at the ends of chapters provide an example that the learner has to use to develop two more ways to practice the standard.
- Making Connections scenarios in each chapter illustrate the concept, skills, or knowledge developed in that chapter, giving students real-life examples of how to apply the material in the classroom.
Invigorate learning with the Enhanced Pearson eText
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with the following multimedia features:
- Embedded video links in the eText provide concrete examples of text concepts and show children and early child educators in action.
- Internet resources. Weblinks to further explore content related to the chapter.
Table of contents
Chapter 1: Movement and Music Working Together to Create a Healthy Child
Chapter 2: Developing Curriculum and Environments for Music and Movement
Chapter 3: Music Provides the Rhythm for Movement and Healthy Lifestyle
Chapter 4: Matching the Individual, Task and Environment to Enhance Learning
Chapter 5: Movement Content During the Early Childhood Years
Chapter 6: Dance and Music Healthy Lifestyle Partnership
Chapter 7: Development of Gross Motor Skills for a Lifetime of Movement
Chapter 8: Fitness and Nutrition Create a Healthy Lifestyle
Chapter 9: Movement and Music Broadens Learning
Chapter 10: Assessment, Evaluation and Engagement
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material