My Digital Travel for Seniors, 1st edition
My Digital Travel for Seniors
You'll get a bound printed text.
My Digital Travel for Seniors
Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do.
Step-by-step instructions for the tasks you care about most
Large, full-color, close-up photos show you exactly what to do
Common-sense help whenever you run into problems
Tips and notes to help you along the way
Take advantage of proven strategies that make travel more affordable, less stressful, and easier to manage with the use of technology that’s readily available to you.
· Learn how to use the discounts you’re entitled to from AARP, AAA, and other organizations when booking any type of travel using your Internet-connected computer, smartphone, or tablet.
· Find and book the lowest airfares using popular travel-related websites and mobile apps.
· Book the best possible accommodations, at the lowest available prices.
· Learn tips for saving money when renting a car, plus how to use other ground transportation options whenever you travel.
· Find and book vacation packages, travel bundles, or all-inclusive vacations without overpaying.
· Book and plan cruise vacations and discounted shore excursions using your computer or mobile device.
· Find low-cost options to accessing the Internet and making calls while traveling abroad, without paying overpriced international roaming charges.
BONUS ONLINE CHAPTER!
Access Chapter 15, “Sharing Your Vacation Experiences,” at quepublishing.com/title/9780789757951.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 Using Technology for Planning Travel
Don’t Be Afraid of Technology
What You Need to Get Started
Find, Download, and Install a Mobile App
Working with a Desktop or Notebook Computer
Putting Travel Technology to Work
Travel-Related Websites, Online Services, and Mobile Apps
Using Technology to Become Your Own Travel Agent
Chapter 2 Researching Travel Opportunities
Making the Important Decisions
Using Your Devices to Conduct Pre-Trip Research
Digital Editions of Travel Magazines
Interactive Travel Guides
Popular Online Travel Services and Websites
Websites Operated by Individual Departments of Tourism
Map Apps on Your Smartphone or Tablet
Using AARP Travel to Conduct Research
Use AARP Travel to Choose a Destination
Using the Travelzoo Website and Mobile App
Use the Travelzoo Website
Use the Travelzoo Mobile App
Getting Advice from Fellow Travelers
Use TripAdvisor on Your Computer
Use the TripAdvisor App
Chapter 3 Getting to Know Some Popular Travel Tools
Before You Book a Trip
Use the Airbnb Website or Mobile App
Use the Booking.com Service
Cruise Ship Mate
Use Priceline to Make a Booking
Chapter 4 Using Travel Provider Websites and Mobile Apps
Airline Websites and Mobile Apps
Finding and Making an Airline Reservation
Check In for Your Flight and Create Boarding Passes
Managing Your Itinerary from an Airline’s Website
Accommodation Websites and Mobile Apps
Make a Reservation Using a Hotel’s Website
Using a Rental Car Company’s Website or Mobile App
Chapter 5 Finding and Booking the Best Airfares
Calculating Added Costs Associated with Air Travel
Understanding Baggage Allowances
Minimizing Your Packing
Determining the Type of Airline Ticket You Want
Choosing Your Travel Class
Choosing Your Flight
Published by Que Publishing (November 30th 2016) - Copyright © 2017