MyLab Business Statistics, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Deliver trusted content
You deserve teaching materials that meet your own high standards for your course. That’s why we partner with highly respected authors to develop interactive content and course-specific resources that you can trust -- and that keep your students engaged.
- Statistical Software Support - Modern statistics is practiced with technology, and MyLab makes learning and using software programs seamless and intuitive. Copy data sets from the eText and MyLab exercises directly into software such as StatCrunch® or Excel®. Students can also access tutorial videos, Study Cards, and manuals.
- StatCrunch, a powerful, web-based statistical software is integrated into MyLab, so students can quickly and easily analyze data sets from their text and exercises. In addition, MyLab includes access to www.StatCrunch.com, the full web-based program where users can access tens of thousands of shared data sets, create and conduct online surveys, interact with a full library of applets, and perform complex analyses using the powerful statistical software.
- Excel Projects - Coming Summer 2018! Using proven, field-tested technology, auto-graded Excel Projects let you seamlessly integrate Microsoft® Excel content into your course without having to manually grade spreadsheets. Students can practice important statistical skills in Excel, helping them master key concepts and gain proficiency with the program. Students simply download a spreadsheet, work live on a statistics problem in Excel, and then upload that file back into MyLab. Within minutes, they receive a report that provides personalized, detailed feedback to pinpoint where they went wrong in the problem.
- Real-World Statistics Videos - StatTalk Videos, hosted by fun-loving statistician Andrew Vickers, demonstrate important statistical concepts through interesting stories and real-life events. Videos include assessment questions and an instructor’s guide. Business Insight Videos show how managers at top companies use statistics in their everyday work. Assignable questions in MyLab encourage student discussion.
Empower each learner
Each student learns at a different pace. Personalized learning pinpoints the precise areas where each student needs practice, giving all students the support they need -- when and where they need it -- to be successful.
- Assignments and Practice - Homework and practice exercises in MyLab go beyond the mechanics, reflecting each author’s approach and learning style, while exercises regenerate algorithmically to give students unlimited opportunity for practice and mastery.
- Most exercises include learning aids, such as guided solutions, sample problems, and extra help as students work through them -- offering helpful feedback when students enter incorrect answers.
- You can also integrate questions that require higher-order thinking. Included in a Conceptual Question Library are application-based questions, and ones that use data sets, that require statistical software, and ones based on two unique video series.
- A variety of multimedia resources are available to help students develop their conceptual understanding.
- Study Plan - The Study Plan gives personalized recommendations for each student, based on his or her ability to master the learning objectives in your course. This allows students to focus their study time by pinpointing the precise areas they need to review, and allowing them to use customized practice and learning aids -- such as videos, eTexts, tutorials, and more -- to help students stay on track.
- Getting Ready for Statistics Question Library - With the Getting Ready for Statistics Question Library, you can access a rich array of assignable and auto-graded exercises covering fundamental math concepts, aimed at increasing student confidence and success.
- Pearson eText - Enhance learning -- both in and out of the classroom. With Pearson eText, students can take notes, highlight, and bookmark important content, or engage with interactive lecture and example videos that bring learning to life (available with select titles) anytime, anywhere via MyLab or the app.
Teach your course your way
Your course is unique. So whether you’d like to build your own assignments, teach multiple sections, or set prerequisites, MyLab gives you the flexibility to easily create your course to fit your needs.
- Learning Management System (LMS) Integration - You can now link from Blackboard Learn, Brightspace by D2L, Canvas, or Moodle to MyLab. Access assignments, rosters, and resources, and synchronize grades with your LMS Gradebook. For students, single sign-on provides access to all the personalized learning resources that make studying more efficient and effective.
- A powerful homework and test manager - A powerful homework and test manager lets you create, import, and manage online homework assignments, quizzes, and tests that are automatically graded. You can choose from a wide range of assignment options, including time limits, proctoring, and maximum number of attempts allowed. The bottom line: MyLab means less time grading and more time teaching.
- Comprehensive online course content - Filled with a wealth of content that is tightly integrated with your textbook, MyLab lets you easily add, remove, or modify existing instructional material. You can also add your own course materials to suit the needs of your students or department. In short, MyLab lets you teach exactly as you'd like.
- Gradebook - The Gradebook offers an easy way for you and your students to see their performance in your course. Item Analysis lets you quickly see trends by analyzing details like the number of students who answered correctly/incorrectly, time on task, and more. And because it's correlated with the AACSB Standards, you can track students' progress toward outcomes that the organization has deemed important in preparing students to be leaders.
- Easily scalable and shareable content - MyLab enables you to manage multiple class sections, and lets other instructors copy your settings so a standardized syllabus can be maintained across your department. Should you want to use the same MyLab course next semester, with the same customized settings, you can copy your existing course exactly -- and even share it with other faculty members.
- Learning Catalytics™ - Learning Catalytics helps you generate class discussion, customize your lecture, and promote peer-to-peer learning with real-time analytics. As a student response tool, Learning Catalytics uses students’ smartphones, tablets, or laptops to engage them in more interactive tasks and thinking.
- New - Upload a full PowerPoint® deck for easy creation of slide questions.
- New - Team names are no longer case sensitive.
- Help your students develop critical thinking skills.
- Monitor responses to find out where your students are struggling.
- Rely on real-time data to adjust your teaching strategy.
- Automatically group students for discussion, teamwork, and peer-to-peer learning.
Improve student results
When you teach with MyLab, student performance often improves. That’s why instructors have chosen MyLab for over 15 years, touching the lives of over 50 million students.
Published by Pearson (June 15th 2007) - Copyright © 2018