Network Distributed Computing: Fitscapes and Fallacies, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Networked distributed systems: Foundations, breakthroughs, and implications
- Building tomorrow's ubiquitous, pervasive networked computing systems
- Technologies, protocols, messaging, software, integration, collaboration, security, and more
- Avoiding the eight classic fallacies of distributed computing
- The role of XML, Web services, Spaces, Jini, and other key technologies
- Ten powerful megatrends driven by networked distributed computing
Networked distributed computing (NDC) systems are driving an ongoing technological revolution that has already spawned the Internet and will soon transform the world into one ubiquitous, pervasive "information field." In Network Distributed Computing: Fitscapes and Fallacies, Max K. Goff reviews the field's crucial challenges, state-of-the-art solutions, and breathtaking future. Goff covers both the "trees" and the "forest"-showing how NDC has evolved, where it's headed, and above all, what it all means.
- Building NDC "fitscapes": new frameworks that turbocharge innovation
- Leveraging Moore's Law, Gilder's Law, Metcalfe's Law, and the latest R and D advances
- Overcoming the eight classic fallacies of distributed computing
- Enhancing collaboration, security, and dependability in networked computing environments
- Integrating wired and wireless networks: key software challenges
- Messaging and communications protocols for distributed, interoperable systems
- The roles of XML, Web services, Spaces, Jini, and other key technologies
- NDC-driven megatrends: Semantic Web, global transparency, nanotech, robotics, and beyond
Table of contents
Foreword from Daniel H. Steinberg.
1. Fitscapes and Fallacies.
2. Ten Technology Trends.
3. The Scope of NDC.
4. NDC Theory.
5. NDC Protocols.
6. NDC Messaging.
7. NDC Datacom: Wireless and Integration.
8. Today's NDC Frameworks.
9. Tomorrow's NDC Framework Options.
10. Fallacies and Frameworks.
12. Innovation and Convergence.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (April 22nd 2004) - Copyright © 2004