Published by Pearson (March 12th 2010) - Copyright © 2011
You'll get a bound printed text.
Completely updated in a new edition, Nursing Theories 6/e incoporates the latest theories and research methods in nursing today. Designed as a tool to help nurses apply concepts and theories to practice, this book considers the ideas of well-known nursing theorists and relates the work of each tot he nursing process. Chapters are organized to relate the theorist's work to the nursing metaparadigm, the nursing process, characteristics of a theory, and strengths and limitations of the theory. Some key features include:
- Quanitiative and qualitative research methods in each chapter.
- An emphasis on the use of nursing theory in clinical practice.
- Chapters on the work of Artinian and Conger, as well as the introduction of an interdisciplinary model.
MARKET: For nursing professionals.
Table of contents
1. An Introduction to Nursing Theory
2. Nursing Theory and Clinical Practice
3. Environmental Model: Florence Nightingale
4. Interpersonal Relations in Nursing: Hildegard E. Peplau
5. Definition and Components of Nursing: Virginia Henderson
6. Self-Care Deficit Nursing Theory: Dorothea Elizabeth Orem
7. Behavioral System Model: Dorothy E. Johnson
8. Nursing Process Discipline: Ida Jean Orlando
9. Other Theories from the 1950s and 1960s
10. The Conservation Principles: A Model For Health: Myra Estrin Levine
11. Conceptual System and Theory of Goal Attainment: Imogene M. King
12. Science of Unitary Human Beings: Martha E. Rogers
13. The Roy Adaptation Model: Sister Callista Roy
14. The Neuman Systems Model: Betty Neuman
15. Other Theories from the 1970s
16. Theory of Culture Care Diversity and Universality: Madeleine M. Leininger
17. Health as Expanding Consciousness: Margaret A. Newman
18. Theory of Transpersonal Caring: Jean Watson
19. Human Becoming School of Thought: Rosemarie Rizzo Parse
20. The Modeling and Role-Modeling Theory: Helen Lorraine (Cook) Erickson, Evelyn M. Tomlin, and Mary Ann P. Swain
21. Health Promotion Model: Nola J. Pender
22. Philosophy of Caring and Expert Nursing Practice: Patricia Benner
23. Other Theories of the 1980s
24. Other Nursing Theories from the 1990s
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material