Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
- Instant Access
A digital platform that replicates the office-hour experience with targeted feedback, study resources, and practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor, or visit your learning management system.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
MasteringNutrition is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Interactive, self-paced tutorials provide individualized coaching to help students stay on track. With a wide range of activities available, students can actively learn, understand, and retain even the most difficult concepts.
- MyDietAnalysis, Focus Figure Coaching Activities, End-of-chapter Study Plans, NutriTools Build-A-Meal Coaching Activities, ABC News Videos with quizzing, Nutrition Animation Activities, and much more.
Available with Nutrition: An Applied Approach, 5th Edition is a comprehensive set of ancillary materials designed to enhance learning and to facilitate teaching.
- ABC News Nutrition and Wellness Lecture Launcher Videos. Twenty-seven brand-new brief videos help instructors stimulate critical discussion in the classroom. Videos are provided already linked within PowerPoint lectures and are available separately in large-screen format with optional closed captioning through MasteringNutrition.
- Instructor Resource and Support Manual. Easier to use than a typical instructor’s manual, this key guide provides a step-by-step visual walk-through of all the resources available to you for preparing your lectures. Also included are tips and strategies for new instructors, sample syllabi, and suggestions for integrating MasteringNutrition into your classroom activities and homework assignments.
- Teaching with Student Learning Outcomes. This feature provides essays from 11 instructors who teach using student learning outcomes. They share goals and suggestions for developing good learning outcomes and give tips and suggestions for how to teach personal health in this manner.
- Teaching with Web 2.0. From Facebook to Twitter and blogs, students are interacting with technology constantly. This handbook gives tips on how to incorporate technology in your course.
- Test Bank. The Test Bank incorporates Bloom’s Taxonomy, or the Higher Order of Learning, to help instructors create exams that encourage students to think analytically and critically, rather than simply to regurgitate information.
- Great Ideas! Active Ways to Teach Nutrition. This manual provides ideas for classroom activities related to specific nutrition topics, as well as suggestions for activities that can be adapted to various topics and class sizes.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material