Published byPearson (June 24th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
What’s included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
Study anytime, anywhere
Add notes and highlights
Search by keyword or page number
Renew your access
Nutrition, Health and Safety for Young Children examines the nutrition, health, and safety needs of young children from birth through age 8 holistically, and gives you practical strategies to share your knowledge with children and their families. In-text examples, case scenarios, and critical-thinking questions help prepare you for common situations you'll encounter in the modern classroom.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
1. Your Role in Children’s Wellness
Part Two: Promoting Good Nutrition
2. The Foundations of Optimal Nutrition
3. Exploring the Science of Nutrition
4. Managing Food Safety
5. Planning Menus
6. Feeding Infants
7. Feeding Toddlers, Preschoolers, and School-Age Children
Part Three: Promoting Healthful Practices
8. Creating a Climate of Health and Wellness
9. Health Screening and Assessment
10. Managing Infectious Disease
11. Teaching Children with Special Health Care Needs
12. Children’s Mental Health
Part Four: Promoting Safety
13. Creating Safe Environments for Young Children
14. Using Routines, Supervision, and Classroom Management Strategies to Promote Safety
15. Child Maltreatment
16. Managing Emergencies
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material