Wade & Simek’s 9th edition of Organic Chemistry presents key principles of organic chemistry in the context of fundamental reasoning and problem solving. Authored to complement how students use a textbook today, new Problem Solving Strategies, Partially Solved Problems, Visual Reaction Guides, and Reaction Starbursts encourage students to use the text before class as a primary introduction to organic chemistry as well as a comprehensive study tool for working problems or preparing for exams.
With unparalleled and highly refined pedagogy, this 9th edition gives students a contemporary overview of organic principles and the tools for organizing and understanding reaction mechanisms and synthetic organic chemistry.
Features and benefits
Mastering gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Personalized study tools show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps.
- Immediate feedback: Immediate feedback on assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- Mobile eText: The mobile eText lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are
Table of contents
1. Structure and Bonding
2. Acids and Bases: Functional Groups
3. Structure and Stereochemistry of Alkanes
4. The Study of Chemical Reactions
6. Alkyl Halides. Nucleophilic Substitution
7. Structure and Synthesis of Alkenes; Elimination
8: Reactions of Alkenes
10. Structure and Synthesis of Alcohols
11. Reactions of Alcohols
12. Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
13. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
14. Ethers, Epoxides and Thioethers
15. Conjugated Systems, Orbital Symmetry, and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
16. Aromatic Compounds
17. Reactions of Aromatic Compounds
18. Ketones and Aldehydes
20. Carboxylic Acids
21. Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
22. Condensations and Alpha Substitutions of Carbonyl Compounds
23. Carbohydrates and Nucleic Acids
24. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material