Published by Pearson (February 4th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
You'll get a bound printed text.
For courses in police administration or organizational behavior, and as a reference for police managers or officers preparing for promotional exams.
An accessible guide to real-world police management
Organizational Behavior and Management in Law Enforcement provides a clear, concise blueprint for successful police administration and management. Drawing on decades of experience as practitioners, trainers, and researchers, the authors focus on organizational behavior as a means of understanding both the complexity of the criminal justice system and interactions between officers and managers as they work to resolve community problems. With substantial content revisions and new learning objectives, the 4th edition integrates new research into an organizational behavioral approach to police management and demonstrates the relationship between research and its applications in the field.
Table of contents
1. Dynamics of Management: Managers and Organizational Behavior
2. Leadership: The Integrative Variable
3. Personality: Understanding the Complexity of Human Behavior in the Organization
4. Beliefs, Values, and Attitudes: Determinants of Human Behavior
5. Motivation: The Force Behind Behavior
6. Stress in Organizational Life: Its Nature, Causes, and Control
7. Conflict: Nature, Causes, and Management
8. Decision-Making: The Essential Element in Applied Management
9. Power: Its Nature and Use
10. Communication: The Vital Process
11. Groups And Teamwork: Human Dynamics at Work
12. Change: Coping with Organizational Life
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material