Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (March 9th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting (subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134802350Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting
ISBN-13: 9780134802237Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780134800356Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting, Enhanced Pearson eText
ISBN-13: 9780134802312Includes: Instant Access
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
A user-friendly resource that examines the intricacies of parent-child relationships in contemporary society
For decades, Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting has prepared countless teachers and practitioners by using family systems and systemic family development theory as frameworks to explore the evolution of the family, the stages of family system development, and the challenges faced by all types of families. Readers will discover a broad range of issues encountered across the lifespan to help them prepare for their roles as professionals working with families or as parents themselves.
Filled with relevant new topics, two new chapters, and new cultural snapshots, the 10th Edition has been extensively updated while retaining the essential developmental approach and comprehensive coverage.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with embedded videos and a hyperlinked glossary. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134800354 / 9780134800356 Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134802233 / 9780134802237 Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting
- 0134802284 / 9780134802282 Parent-Child Relations: An Introduction to Parenting, Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of contents
1. The Evolving Context of Parenting
2. Approaches to Parenting
3. Historical and Cultural Influences
4. Theoretical Perspectives
5. Parenting: Rights and Privileges
PART II: THE DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESS OF PARENTING
6. The Transition to Parenthood
7. Parenting Infants and Toddlers
8. Parenting Preschoolers
9. Parenting in Middle Childhood
10. Parenting Adolescents and Teens
PART III: THE CHALLENGES OF PARENT-CHILD RELATIONS
11. Parenting: Family Composition and Dynamics
12. Parenting Interrupted and Fragile Families
13. Blended and Intergenerational Family Systems
14. Family Formation and Parenting in LGBT Contexts
15. Towards Better Outcomes
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material