Pearson eText Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing -- Instant Access, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (February 26th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
NOTE: This loose-leaf, three-hole punched version of the textbook gives students the flexibility to take only what they need to class and add their own notes – all at an affordable price.
For courses in nursing law and ethics.
A complete guide to applying the law and ethics in nursing, across settings
Useful as both a learning tool and a professional resource, Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing is a comprehensive review of legal and ethical issues for nurses at all levels of education and licensure — and in all clinical settings. It reflects the influence of the law and ethics on professional nursing, as seen in the expanding autonomous roles of nurses and changes in health care delivery and clientele. The 7th edition includes new ongoing case studies applying chapter content, a new discussion of organizational ethics, and expanded ethical scenarios and decision-making guidelines.
Also available via Pearson eText
Pearson eText offers a simple-to-use, mobile, personalized reading experience that lets instructors connect with and motivate students — right in their eTextbook.
Table of contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE LAW AND THE JUDICIAL PROCESS
1. Legal Concepts and the Judicial Process
2. Anatomy of a Lawsuit
PART 2: ETHICS IN NURSING PRACTICE
3. Introduction to Ethics
4. Application of Ethics in Nursing Practice Settings
PART 3: LIABILITY ISSUES
5. Standards of Care
6. Tort Law
7. Nursing Liability: Defenses
8. Informed Consent
9. Patient Self-Determination
10. Documentation and Confidentiality
11. Professional Liability Insurance
PART 4: IMPACT OF THE LAW ON THE PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE OF NURSING
12. Nurse Practice Acts, Licensure, and the Scope of Practice
13. Advanced Nursing Practice Roles
14. Corporate Liability Issues and Employment Laws
15. Federal Laws: The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Civil Rights Act of 1991
16. Nursing Management and the Nurse-Manager
17. Delegation, Supervision, and Patient Advocacy Issues
PART 5: IMPACT OF THE LAW ON NURSING IN SELECTED PRACTICE SETTINGS
18. Nursing in Acute Care Settings
19. Nursing in Ambulatory and Managed Care Settings
20. Public and Community Health Care
21. Nursing in Long-Term Care Settings
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material