NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in comprehensive medical assisting.
This package includes MyLab Health Professions.
A companion for practicum, for the future allied health professional
Succeeding in the Practicum offers a full picture of the practicum experience, including its value and purpose, the expectations for all aspects of the journey, and the benefits and opportunities it presents. Students gain the skills they need to handle new challenges, act responsibly, and develop professionally as they prepare to move into the workforce. Critical thinking, journaling, and role-play activities help learners optimize and reflect on their practicum as they go. With a new MyLab™, the 3rd edition builds on practical guidance for job searches, interviews, and effective communication.
Personalize learning with MyLab Health Professions
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. Developed for allied health students and instructors, MyLab Health Professions supports students’ mastery and application of the skills they’ll need for a successful career in health care.
0134880102 / 9780134880105 Succeeding in the Practicum: A Preparation Guide for Medical Assisting and Allied Health Plus MyLab Health Professions with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 3/e
Package consists of:
- 0134861930 / 9780134861937 MyLab Health Professions with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Succeeding in the Practicum: A Preparation Guide for Medical Assisting and Allied Health, 3e
- 013487420X / 9780134874203 Succeeding in the Practicum: A Preparation Guide for Medical Assisting and Allied Health, 3e
Table of contents
1. The Link Between Your Education and Your Career
2. Meeting and Exceeding Expectations
3. Practicum Site Placement Interviews
4. Attitudes and Perceptions
5. Etiquette and Professional Manners
6. Communication and Developing Professional Relationships
7. Fulfilling the “Student” Role During the Practicum
8. Benefits of Successful Practicum Completion
9. Performance Evaluation and Your Grade
10. Allied Health Practicum: Case Studies
11. Beyond the Practicum: Beginning Your Job Search
Appendix: Selected Allied-Health Certification and Credentialing Resources
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material