Personal Finance, 8th edition
Published by Pearson (February 15th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
You'll get a bound printed text.
For courses in introductory personal finance.
A blueprint for securing your financial future
Personal Finance: Turning Money into Wealth empowers students to successfully make and carry out a plan for their financial future. By introducing the 10 fundamental principles of personal finance in a way that leaves a lasting impression, this text offers students lifelong tools that will help them effectively cope with an ever-changing financial environment. The 8th Edition reflects recent changes in the world of personal finance, including new tax laws, the economic downturn, weakness in the labor markets, the explosion of student loans, and the rise of credit card debt.
Personal Finance: Turning Money into Wealth, 8th Edition is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Also available with MyLab Finance
By combining trusted authors’ content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Finance does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab, ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyLab Finance, search for:
0134830156 / 9780134830155 Personal Finance Plus MyLab Finance with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e
Package consists of:
- 0134730364 / 9780134730363 Personal Finance
- 0134732057 / 9780134732053 MyLab Finance with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Personal Finance
Table of contents
PART I: FINANCIAL PLANNING
1. The Financial Planning Process
2. Measuring Your Financial Health and Making a Plan
3. Understanding and Appreciating the Time Value of Money
4. Tax Planning and Strategies
PART II: MANAGING YOUR MONEY
5. Cash or Liquid Asset Management
6. Using Credit Cards: The Role of Open Credit
7. Student and Consumer Loans: The Role of Planned Borrowing
8. The Home and Automobile Decision
PART III: PROTECTING YOURSELF WITH INSURANCE
9. Life and Health Insurance
10. Property and Liability Insurance
PART IV: MANAGING YOUR INVESTMENTS
11. Investment Basics
12. Investing in Stocks
13. Investing in Bonds and Other Alternatives
14. Mutual Funds: An Easy Way to Diversify
PART V: LIFE CYCLE ISSUES
15. Retirement Planning
16. Estate Planning: Saving Your Heirs Money and Headaches
17. Financial Life Events—Fitting the Pieces Together
Appendix A: Compound Sum of $1
Appendix B: Present Value of $1
Appendix C: Compound Sum of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods
Appendix D: Present Value of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods
Appendix E: Monthly Installment Loan Tables
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material