Published by Pearson (May 31st 2020) - Copyright © 2013
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
Designed for beginning health care students and practitioners, Phlebotomy Simplified, Second Edition is an easy, step-by-step, practice-oriented approach to blood collection procedures for use in diverse settings, including hospitals, ambulatory clinics, home health care, and pediatric clinics. It brings together all the entry-level competencies healthcare workers need, including communication, clinical, technical, and safety skills. Building on the format of the popular First Edition, this edition is updated to reflect the latest Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) and National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) guidelines. It adds new sections on patient safety and avoiding preventable errors, as well as expanded coverage of topics ranging from selecting veins to finding a job in the field. It also contains many new images, including new anatomical figures, and photos of the latest equipment and supplies.
Table of contents
1. Phlebotomy Practice and Quality Assessment Basics
2. Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues
3. Basic Medical Terminology, the Human Body, and the Cardiovascular System
4. Safety and Infection Control
5. Documentation, Specimen Handling, and Transportation
6. Blood Collection Equipment
7. Preexamination/Preanalytical Complications in Blood Collection
8. Venipuncture Procedures
9. Capillary Blood Specimens
10. Pediatric and Geriatric Procedures
11. Special Collections
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material