Phonics, Phonemic Awareness, and Word Analysis for Teachers: An Interactive Tutorial, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (January 3rd 2016) - Copyright © 2017
You'll get a bound printed text.
This practical, self-paced tutorial allows readers to independently study and learn the important aspects of phonics, phonemic awareness, and word analysis they will need to know in order to succeed on teacher certification or competency tests. The self-paced tutorial format allows readers to check their knowledge throughout, and two posttests at the end of the book may be used to ensure that the content has been mastered.
New to This Edition:
- Expanded sections on instructional practice in each section.
- Take a Look videos and Apps features provide links to author-vetted video clips and apps that further explain or extend chapter content.
- Updated online resources in each chapter.
- Increased attention to meeting the needs of English Language Learners and Struggling Readers.
- Guidance on how to quickly diagnose students’ developing awareness of their phonics, phonemic awareness, and word analysis skills by analyzing their writing.
Table of contents
1. Recognizing Words: Helping Children Develop Word Analysis Strategies
2. The Early Stages: Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
3. Phonics: Onset, Rime, and Consonant Patterns
4. Phonics: Vowel Patterns
6. Sight Words
7. Morphemic Analysis
8. Chunking Words into Smaller Units: Syllabication and Structural Analysis
9. The Dictionary and Word Analysis
10. Developmental Spelling Patterns: Insights into the Development of Word Analysis Skills
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material