NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Mastering platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Thermodynamics.
This package includes Mastering Chemistry.
A visual, conceptual and contemporary approach to Physical Chemistry
Engel and Reid’s Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, and Kinetics provides a contemporary, conceptual, and visual introduction to physical chemistry. The authors emphasize the vibrancy of physical chemistry today and illustrate its relevance to the world around us, using modern applications drawn from biology, environmental science, and material science. The 4th Edition provides visual summaries of important concepts and connections in each chapter, offers students “just-in-time” math help, and expands content to cover science relevant to physical chemistry. Tutorials in Mastering™ Chemistry reinforce students’ understanding of complex theory in Quantum Chemistry and Thermodynamics as they build problem-solving skills throughout the course.
Personalize learning with Mastering Chemistry
Mastering™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools developed to engage students and emulate the office-hour experience, Mastering personalizes learning and often improves results for each student. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class, and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics.
0134813456/9780134813455 Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, & Kinetics Plus MasteringChemistry with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 4/e
Package consists of:
- 0134746880 / 9780134746883 Mastering Chemistry
- 0134804589/9780134804583 Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, and Kinetics
Table of contents
- Fundamental Concepts of Thermodynamics
- Heat, Work, Internal Energy, Enthalpy, and the First Law of Thermodynamics
- The Importance of State Functions: Internal Energy and Enthalpy
- Entropy and the Second and Third Law of Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- The Properties of Real Gases
- Phase Diagrams and the Relative Stability of Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Ideal and Real Solutions
- Electrolyte Solutions
- Electrochemical Cells, Batteries, and Fuel Cells
- The Boltzmann Distribution
- Ensemble and Molecular Partition Functions
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Transport Phenomena
- Elementary Chemical Kinetics
- Complex Reaction Mechanisms
APPENDIX A Data Tables
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material