You'll get a bound printed text.
Keeping pace with the major changes in the structure and operation of the electric utility industry, this is the first book on power system analysis that explores the issues and shows how power system operation will be affected by the changes in the industry. It incorporates state-of-the-art, computer-based power system analysis and describes how to apply each modern analysis tool in designing and improving an expansion of an existing power system.
- NEWDescribes the new market environment of the electric utility industry.
- Introduces changes in the electric utility industry structure, and describes how the restructuring will impact important aspects of power system analysis.
- NEWEmphasizes computer application and design and reflects current industry practice.
- NEWA computer-based design problem dealing with the calculations of transmission line parameters is introduced in Chapter 3 and continued in each successive chapter.
- Providing readers with the opportunity to apply the tools they encounter in each chapter.
- NEWA new chapter on network matrices, their construction and manipulation.
- This chapter introduces efficient computational techniques to analyze large power systems.
- NEWMany additional worked-out examples and problemsIncludes several problems which can be solved using MATLAB.
- Giving the reader clear illustrations of key issues and provides them with methods to solve complex problems.
- Clearly stated objectives and explanation of material without sacrificing necessary rigor and understanding.
Table of contents
2. Basic Principles.
3. Transmission-Line Parameters.
4. Transmission-Line Modeling.
5. Transformer Modeling and the Per Unit System.
6. Generator Modeling I (Machine Viewpoint).
7. Generator Modeling II (Circuit Viewpoint).
8. Generator Voltage Control.
9. Network Matrices.
10. Power Flow Analysis.
11. Automatic Generation Control and the New Market Environment.
12. Unbalanced System Operation.
13. System Protection.
14. Power System Stability.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material