Powered by Purpose: Energise your people to do great work, 1st edition
Powered by Purpose
This product is not available in your country
You'll get a bound printed text.
“The world needs organisations to do good whilst making profit. Powered by Purpose is a practical guide for leading an organisation that fulfils both of these needs.” Bill Winters, CEO, Standard Chartered Bank
“Compulsory reading for any leader searching for purpose and looking to authentically transform their organisation, people and planet for positive impact.” Esther Foreman, CEO, The Social Change Agency
Companies with an authentic purpose outperform the market by 42%, according to recent research. They deliver better financial performance, more employee engagement and greater competitive advantage.
In organisations around the world, the pressure is on. Whether this is increasing consumer expectations, widening inequality or the growing disillusionment with globalization, the need to stay viable is greater than ever. The lauded leadership styles that were finely adapted to our past reality will not carry us forward.
Powered by Purpose outlines the four core leadership capacities that you need to help you feel alive at work, lead an enthusiastic team and generate competitive advantage:
1. Cultivate Leadership Presence - how you can act in a way that others are inspired to follow
2. Make Dialogue Authentic - how to talk about what matters most including people’s long term wellbeing
3. Engage your Stakeholders - how to articulate your purpose in a way that engages and energises people
4. Connect on Purpose - how to embody purpose so that it becomes part of your corporate DNA and day-to-day decision making
Powered by Purpose will help you make the difference you want to see in the world.
Table of contents
- PART I THE FOUNDATIONS
- 1 Why purpose is key to a better future
- 2 The benefits of being powered by purpose
- 3 Introducing the four capacities of purpose-led leadership
- PART II THE FOUR CAPACITIES OF PURPOSE-LED LEADERSHIP
- 4 Cultivate leadership presence
- 5 Make dialogue authentic
- 6 Engage your stakeholders
- 7 Connect on purpose
- PART III THE THREE BRIDGES OF PURPOSE
- 8 Light up the whole ecosystem
- 9 Tune a top team
- 10 Enliven your people
- Epilogue: a new dawn by Dr Victoria Hurth
Published by FT Publishing International (September 24th 2020) - Copyright © 2020