Published by Pearson (March 15th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
What’s included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
Study anytime, anywhere
Add notes and highlights
Search by keyword or page number
Renew your access
Practical Research uses step-by-step instructions, hands-on applications, and pragmatic suggestions to help you understand how to plan and conduct effective research.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
PART I: THE FUNDAMENTALS
1. THE NATURE AND TOOLS OF RESEARCH
PART II: FOCUSING YOUR RESEARCH EFFORTS
2. THE PROBLEM: THE HEART OF THE RESEARCH PROCESS
3. REVIEW OF THE RELATED LITERATURE
4. PLANNING YOUR RESEARCH PROJECT
5. WRITING THE RESEARCH PROPOSAL
PART III: RESEARCH DESIGNS
6. DESCRIPTIVE RESEARCH
7. EXPERIMENTAL, QUASI-EXPERIMENTAL, AND EX POST FACTO DESIGNS
8. QUALITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS
9. MIXED-METHODS DESIGNS
10. ACTION RESEARCH
PART IV: DATA ANALYSES
11. ANALYZING QUANTITATIVE DATA
12. ANALYZING QUALITATIVE AND MIXED-METHODS DATA
PART V: RESEARCH REPORTS
13. PLANNING AND PREPARING A FINAL RESEARCH REPORT
Appendix A: USING A SPREADSHEET: MICROSOFT EXCEL
Appendix B: USING SPSS
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material