Published by Pearson (October 17th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get a bound printed text.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Prehospital Emergency Care.
This package includes MyLab BRADY.
The most complete resource for EMT training
Comprehensive in scope and student-friendly, Prehospital Emergency Care conveys the “WHY” behind the signs and symptoms students observe and the services they provide. Through a solid foundation of pathophysiology, students will learn to quickly identify immediate life threats and deliver excellent emergency care.
The 11th edition continues to meet and exceed the National EMS Education Standards. It has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest and best practices for emergency medical services in the US, including conforming to the latest American Heart Association guidelines. Spine motion restriction, naloxone administration, sepsis, stroke screening tools, human trafficking, active shooter, domestic violence, and clinical decision-making with regard to oxygen administration are just a few of the updates readers will discover in this hallmark text.
Personalize learning with MyLab BRADY
MyLab™ BRADY is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. Learn more.
0134752325 / 9780134752327 Prehospital Emergency Care PLUS MyHealthProfessionsLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134704452 / 9780134704456 Prehospital Emergency Care
- 013470908X / 9780134709086 MyBRADYLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Prehospital Emergency Care
Table of contents
PART 1: PREPARATORY AND PUBLIC HEALTH
1. Emergency Medical Care Systems, Research, and Public Health
2. Workforce Safety and Wellness of the EMT
3. Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
6. Lifting and Moving Patients
PART 2: ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, AND MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY
7. Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology
PART 3: PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
PART 4: SPAN DEVELOPMENT
9. Life Span Development
PART 5: AIRWAY MANAGEMENT, ARTIFICIAL VENTILATION, AND OXYGENATION
10. Airway Management, Artificial Ventilation, and Oxygenation
PART 6: ASSESSMENT
11. Vital Signs, Monitoring Devices, and History Taking
12. Scene Size-Up13. Patient Assessment
PART 7: GENERAL PHARMACOLOGY AND MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION
14. General Pharmacology and Medication Administration
PART 8: SHOCK AND RESUSCITATION
15. Shock and Resuscitation
PART 9: MEDICINE
16. Respiratory Emergencies
17. Cardiovascular Emergencies
18. Altered Mental Status, Stroke, and Headache
19. Seizures and Syncope
20. Acute Diabetic Emergencies
21. Allergic and Anaphylactic Reactions
22. Toxicologic Emergencies
23. Abdominal, Hematologic, Gynecologic, Genitourinary, and Renal Emergencies
24. Environmental Emergencies
25. Submersion Incidents: Drowning and Diving Emergencies
26. Psychiatric Emergencies
PART 10: TRAUMA
27. Trauma Overview: The Trauma Patient and the Trauma System
28. Bleeding and Soft Tissue Trauma
30. Musculoskeletal Trauma and Nontraumatic Fractures
31. Head Trauma
32. Spinal Trauma and Spine Motion Restriction
33. Eye, Face, and Neck Trauma
34. Chest Trauma
35. Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma
36. Multisystem Trauma and Trauma in Special Patient Populations
PART 11: SPECIAL PATIENT POPULATIONS
37. Obstetrics and Care of the Newborn
40. Patients with Special Challenges
41. The Combat Veteran
PART 12: EMS OPERATIONS
42. Ambulance Operations and Air Medical Response
43. Gaining Access and Patient Extrication
44. Hazardous Materials
45. Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Incident Management
46. EMS Response to Terrorist Incidents
1. ALS-Assist Skills
2. Advanced Airway Management
3. Agricultural and Industrial Emergencies
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material