Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion and Education, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (January 5th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion and Education (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134551975Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion and Education
ISBN-13: 9780134517650Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
For undergraduate courses in health education and promotion.
Current Real-World Perspectives Enhance Readers’ Understanding of Health Education and Promotion
Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion and Education provides readers with a solid foundation in the history, philosophy, theory, and ethics of health education. Considered the best overall introduction to the growing field of health education and promotion, the text connects fundamental topics to research, resources, and practitioners. The 7th Edition covers the roles and responsibilities of health education specialists, potential occupational settings, and the ethics that inform professional decisions. Looking at the past, present, and future of health, health care, and health education and promotion, the book features discussions of recent health reforms, the evolving professional landscape, the use of social media in health promotion, and much more.
Table of contents
1. A Background for the Profession
2. The History of Health and Health Education/Promotion
3. Philosophical Foundations
4. Theories and Planning Models
5. Ethics and Health Education/Promotion
6. The Health Education Specialist: Roles, Responsibilities, Certifications, and Advanced Study
7. The Settings for Health Education/Promotion
8. Agencies, Associations, and Organizations Associated with Health
9. The Literature of Health Education/Promotion
10. Future Trends in Health Education/Promotion
Appendix A. Development of a Unified Code of Ethics for the Health Education Profession
Appendix B. Health Education Specialist Practice Analysis 2015 (HESPA) - New Competencies
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material