You'll get a bound printed text.
An Introduction to CAD/CAM/CAE is a timely text with coverage of many modern topics, including: rapid prototyping, virtual engineering, NT-based solid modeling systems, and Web-related issues. This book provides balanced coverage of CAD/CAM (with slightly more emphasis on CAD topics) and bonus coverage of computer-aided engineering (CAE). This book's emphasis on the integration of three related disciplines-CAD, CAM, and CAE-makes it a great theoretical introduction to all subjects from geometric representation to the most sophisticated CAE subjects. Many illustrations and references ground the theory in practical examples.
The book also features a unique illustration of the whole product development process through a practical case study that gives readers a clear idea how CAD, CAM, and CAE systems are integrated to accelerate the product development process.
This book is carefully targeted toward today's students; topics are introduced in a concise, efficient manner, with mathematical terminology that is kept to a minimum. A background in programming, calculus, and matrix and vector algebra is helpful when using this text.
Table of contents
1. Introduction of CAD/CAM/CAE Systems.
2. Components of CAD/CAM/CAE Systems.
3. Basic Concepts for Graphic Programming.
4. Computer Aided Drafting System.
5. Geometric Modeling System.
6. Representation and Manipulation of Curves.
7. Representation and Manipulation of Surfaces.
8. Finite Element Modeling and Analysis.
10. CAD and CAM Integration.
11. Numerical Control.
12. Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing.
13. Virtual Engineering.
14. Standards for Communicating between Systems.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material