Digital book that you can read instantly
Pearson eText Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach -- Instant Access
Mastering2 from $74.99
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
Modified Mastering Chemistry without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach
- Instant Access
Modified Mastering Chemistry with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach
- Instant Access
2 from $127.99
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$159.99 Now$127.99
Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach, Loose-Leaf Edition
Free deliveryWas$246.65 Now$197.32
Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach
Principles of Chemistry: A Molecular Approach presents core concepts without sacrificing rigor, enabling you to make connections between chemistry and your lives or future careers. Drawing upon his classroom experience as an award-winning educator, Professor Tro extends chemistry to the student’s world by capturing student attention with examples of everyday processes and a captivating writing style. Throughout this student-friendly text, chemistry is presented visually through multi-level images that help students see the connections between the world around them (macroscopic), the atoms and molecules that compose the world (molecular), and the formulas they write down on paper (symbolic).
The 4th Edition pairs digital, pedagogical innovation with insights from learning design and educational research to create an active, integrated, and easy-to-use framework. The new edition introduces a fully integrated book and media package that streamlines course set up, actively engages students in becoming expert problem solvers, and makes it possible for professors to teach the general chemistry course easily and effectively.
Features and benefits
Mastering gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps.
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
1. Matter, Measurement, and Problem Solving
2. Atoms and Elements
3. Molecules and Compounds
4. Chemical Reactions and Chemical Quantities
5. Introduction to Solutions and Aqueous Reactions
8. The Quantum-Mechanical Model of the Atom
9. Periodic Properties of the Elements
10. Chemical Bonding I: The Lewis Model
11. Chemical Bonding II: Molecular Shapes, Valence Bond Theory, and Molecular Orbital Theory
12. Liquids, Solids, and Intermolecular Forces
13. Solids and Modern Materials
15. Chemical Kinetics
16. Chemical Equilibrium
17. Acids and Bases
18. Aqueous Ionic Equilibrium
19. Free Energy and Thermodynamics
21. Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
Appendix I Common Mathematical Operations in Chemistry Appendix II Useful Data
Appendix III Answers to Selected Exercises
Appendix IV Answers to In-Chapter Practice Problems
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 2nd 2019) - Copyright © 2020