Process Instrumentation, 2nd edition
Published by Pearson (February 20th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Process Instrumentation (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135213933Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
MyLab CourseConnect with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Process Instrumentation
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to MyLab with eText. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
ISBN-13: 9780135213926Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
For instrumentation and measurement courses in process technology programs.
The NAPTA Series for Process Technology can be used independently and does not require NAPTA participation.
The national standard for process technology instrumentation and measurement
Instrumentation is part of the NAPTA Series for Process Technology. Developed in partnership with Industry and Education, this unprecedented collection supports a consistent curriculum and exit competencies for process technology graduates. Instrumentation provides a common national standard for the process technology instrumentation and measurement course of a process technology degree program, while serving as a valuable reference guide. The 2nd edition has been thoroughly updated and revised to align with the new NAPTA curriculum.
New! Also available as an eText within MyLab Process Technology
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab™ personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab Process Technology does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab Process Technology, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
Table of contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION AND PROCESS VARIABLES
1. Introduction to Instrumentation
2. Process Variables, Elements, and Instruments: Pressure
3. Process Variables, Elements, and Instruments: Temperature
4. Process Variables, Elements, and Instruments: Level
5. Process Variables, Elements, and Instruments: Flow
6. Process Variables, Elements, and Instruments: Analytical
PART 2: SYMBOLOGY, HARDWARE, AND INSTRUMENTATION COMMUNICATION
7. Symbology: Process Diagrams and Instrument Sketching
8. Switches, Relays and Annunciators
9. Signal Transmission and Conversion
PART 3: CONTROL LOOPS, CONTROLLERS, AND CONTROL SCHEMES
10. Introduction to Control Loops: Simple Loop Theory
11. Control Loops: Primary Sensors, Transmitters, and Transducers
12. Control Loops: Controllers and Final Control Element Overview
13. Control Loops: Control Valves and Regulators
15. Control Schemes
16. Advanced Control Schemes
PART 4: DIGITAL CONTROL, PLC, DCS, POWER SUPPLY, ESD, MALFUNCTIONS, AND TROUBLESHOOTING
17. Introduction to Digital Control
18. Programmable Logic Controls
19. Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
20. Instrumentation Power Supply
21. Emergency Shutdown (ESD), Interlocks and Protective Devices (Part 1 & 2)
22. Instrumentation Malfunctions
23. Instrumentation Troubleshooting
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material