Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS, 3rd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Transform your MIS course with Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS — a hands-on, process approach to business. Earl H. McKinney, Jr., and David M. Kroenke show students exactly how businesses use information systems and technology to create competitive strategies, support business processes, and accomplish their goals. Complete with numerous examples of business situations, this book helps students understand what business systems actually are and why they’re so important.
In the 3rd Edition, you’ll find a reflection of the current technological landscape, coverage of technologies new to the business scene, and a strong emphasis on security. Its clear and concise presentation, within the process context, makes Processes, Systems, and Information the ideal book for majors and non-majors alike. Non-majors will see the vital role IS plays in supporting their business processes.
Features and benefits
MyLab gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps.
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
PART 1: WHY MIS?
1. The Importance of MIS
2. Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
PART 2: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
3 Networks and the Cloud
4. Database Processing
5. Information Systems Security
PART 3: STRUCTURED PROCESSES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
6. Using IS to Improve Processes
7. Supporting Processes with ERP Systems
8. Supporting the Procurement Process with SAP
(Appendix 8) SAP Procurement Tutorial
9. Supporting the Sales Process with SAP
(Appendix 9) SAP Sales Tutorial
PART 4: DYNAMIC PROCESSES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
10. Collaboration and IS
11. Social Media and IS
12. Business Intelligence and IS
(Appendix 12) SAP Business Intelligence Tutorial
Extension 1 Information Systems Careers
Extension 2 Hardware and Software
Extension 3 Process Management and Information Systems Development
Extension 4 AI and Robots
Extension 5 Location-Based Data Information Systems: Mobile Devices and Geographic Information Systems
Published by Pearson (January 2nd 2018) - Copyright © 2019