Professional Kitchen Manager, The, 1st edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Professional Kitchen Manager, The (Subscription)
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Free deliveryWas$139.99 Now$111.99
Professional Kitchen Manager, The
Focusing on back-of-house management, Professional Kitchen Management addresses topics such as supervision, menu planning, development and use of standard recipes, purchasing, and cost control. Students will learn how to evaluate menus, manage inventory, train personnel and deliver food services on a budget.
An innovative format pairs concepts presented in each chapter with cleverly animated and highly interactive Kitchen Management Simulations (KMS) lessons to provide hands-on training that is fun for students and time freeing for instructors.
Reader-friendly features explain why concepts are important to daily operations and identify the skills needed to manage a high-quantity food production kitchen.
Table of contents
1. Kitchen Managers Get Ready for Food Production
2. Kitchen Managers Select and Train Production Employees
3. Kitchen Managers Lead Food Production Employees
4. Kitchen Managers Plan Their Menus
5. Kitchen Managers Design Their Menu
6. Kitchen Managers Use Standard Recipes
7. Kitchen Managers Cost Recipes and Assist Food Servers
8. Kitchen Managers Use Effective Purchasing Practices
9. Kitchen Managers Use Effective Receiving, Inventory, Management and Issuing Practices
10. Kitchen Managers Analyze Their Menus
11. Kitchen Managers Analyze Sales and Control Revenue
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (April 19th 2011) - Copyright © 2012