This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
For project management courses.
Project management fundamentals with broad applications
In its 5th Edition, Project Management: Achieving Competitive Advantage takes a contemporary, decisive, and business-oriented approach to teaching and learning project management. To promote a comprehensive, multi-industry understanding of the text, the author addresses project management theory within the context of a variety of successful organizations, whether they be publicly held, private, or nonprofit. Comprehensive case analysis and detailed exercises, including brand-new, contemporary case studies for the 5th Edition, give readers the tools to assess projects in real time, while also leveraging the latest project management technology, including MS Project 2016.
Table of contents
1. Introduction: Why Project Management?
2. The Organizational Context: Strategy, Structure, and Culture
3. Project Selection and Portfolio Management
4. Leadership and the Project Manager
5. Scope Management
6. Project Team Building, Conflict, and Negotiation
7. Risk Management
8. Cost Estimation and Budgeting
9. Project Scheduling: Networks, Duration Estimation, and Critical Path
10. Project Scheduling: Lagging, Crashing, and Activity Networks
11. Advanced Topics in Planning and Scheduling: Agile and Critical Chain
12. Resource Management
13. Project Evaluation and Control
14. Project Closeout and Termination
Appendix A. The Cumulative Standard Normal Distribution
Appendix B. Tutorial for MS Project 2016
Appendix C. Project Plan Template
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (January 11th 2018) - Copyright © 2019