Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (May 9th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134401591Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
Public Speaking [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
Public Speaking: An Audience-Centered Approach, 9/e brings theory and practice together. Its distinctive and popular approach emphasizes the importance of analyzing and considering the audience at every point in the speech-making process. This model of public speaking is the foundation of the text, and it guides students through the step-by-step process of public speaking, focusing their attention on the dynamics of diverse audiences, and narrowing the gap between the classroom and the real world.
Features and benefits
MyLab gives you the tools you need to learn — and to get a better grade.
- Personalized study tools.: Show you what you know, what you don’t, and where to spend your time to fill the gaps
- Immediate feedback: On assignments and quizzes — and assistance with each problem if you need it — helps you get unstuck.
- The mobile eText: Lets you learn on your terms, wherever you are.
Table of contents
1. Speaking with Confidence
2. Presenting Your First Speech
3. Speaking Freely and Ethically
4. Listening to Speeches
5. Analyzing Your Audience
6. Developing Your Speech
7. Gathering and Using Supporting Material
8. Organizing and Outlining Your Speech
9. Introducing and Concluding Your Speech
10. Using Words Well: Speaker Language and Style
11. Delivering Your Speech
12. Using Presentation Aids
13. Speaking to Inform
14. Understanding Principles of Persuasive Speaking
15. Using Persuasive Strategies
16. Speaking for Special Occasions and Purposes
Appendix A: Speaking in Small Groups
Appendix B: Speeches for Analysis and Discussion
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material