Quality Web Systems: Performance, Security, and Usability, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Today's web software professionals must deliver new web applications to market quickly, while incorporating proper functionality, ease-of-use, security, and performance. This pressure underscores the need for effective engineering that facilitates both quality and rapid web system development.
Quality Web Systems provides web developers and software test professionals with practical, experience-based guidance on web system engineering. Concise and straightforward, this book provides a framework for ensuring that key web system success criteria is addressed during the development of the web system. Detailed, technical guidance is provided for each success criteria, including testing strategies that allow for verification of a quality implementation.
This book addresses the key success factors of quality web systems including: proper specification of system functionality, ease-of-use, compatibility with a variety of browsers, security, and system performance and scalability. Engineering these qualities into the system throughout the development life cycle, while performing relevant testing, prevents flaws that can later prove to be disastrous, and produces a product that is well-received by its customers.
A case study is used throughout the book to illustrate practical applications of issues, approaches, strategies, and techniques.
Specific topics covered include:
- Web system success criteria
- Engineering functionality through use case analysis
- Test cases from RSI use cases
- Security of web system components and databases
- Compatibility with multiple web browsers
- Performance and scalability behavior
- Load analysis and capacity planning
- Usability concerns and test strategies
- Test tool evaluation guide
With the information and guidance in Quality Web Systems, you will be better able to ensure the development of a quality, timely, and successful web application.
Table of contents
1. Overview of Web Systems and Technologies.
2. Web Engineering Using the RSI Approach.
6. Usability and Accessibility.
Contributing Author Biographies.
Published by Addison-Wesley Professional (August 23rd 2001) - Copyright © 2002