Robust Modulation Methods and Smart Antennas in Wireless Communications, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Covers both terrestrial and satellite systems Maximizing wireless system capacity and performance: a practical tutorial
Robust Modulation Methods & Smart Antennas in Wireless Communications is a systematic, practical tutorial covering each key technology for maximizing the capacity and performance of wireless systems.
The book's reader-friendly coverage introduces spectral and power efficiencies within Shannon bounds, and key techniques for bandwidth-efficient modulation, including higher-order modulation waveforms, signal state-space diagrams, performance representations, and much more. Author Bruno Pattan reviews today's robust digital signal modulation methods; approaches for mitigating interference in spread spectrum systems; signal formats and performance specifications in terrestrial cellular; and the rapid evolution of smart antennas and smart arrays. Coverage includes:
- The dynamics of linear and continuous phase modulations in digital communications
- Fundamentals of error correction coding
- Trellis-coded modulation, its advantages, and factors that can degrade its performance
- Butler matrix beamforming networks, including planar array beams, multiple volumetric beams, and Butler matrix applications
- Side lobe cancellers in smart antenna applications, including single and multiple interferers
- Switched multi-beam smart antennas and adaptive arrays
The book contains extensive figures and illustrations throughout, making it easier to understand each technology and how it may be implemented. In particular, Pattan's thorough, up-to-the-minute coverage of smart antennas and smart arrays will enable wireless designers and other professionals to substantially increase the capacity of their systems.
Table of contents
1. In Pursuit of Bandwidth Efficiencies for Wireless Terrestrial and Satellite Communications.
2. Bandwidth-Efficient Modulation Techniques.
3. Higher Order Modulation Methods.
4. Dynamics of Linear and Continuous Phase Modulation Methods in Digital Communications.
5. Error Control Coding.
6. Trellis Coded Modulation (Codulation).
7. Spread Spectrum Communication Systems.
8. Terrestrial-based Wireless Communications.
9. The Butler Matrix.
10. Sidelobe Cancellers in Smart Antenna Applications.
11. A Look at Switched-Beam Smart Antennas.
12. Deterministic Signals, Random Noise, and Coherent Noise (Pseudo) Combining in an Array Antenna.
13. Adaptive Arrays in Cellular Communications.
14. Summary Smart Antennas in Cellular Communications.
A. Gaussian Low-Pass Filter.
B. Scattering Matrix of the Quadrature Hybrid.
C. Example of Trunking and Erlang Tables.
D. Glossary of Terms.
Published by Pearson (August 31st 1999) - Copyright © 1999