A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For safety, health, and environment courses within a process technology program.
This ISBN is for instant access to MyLab. Pearson eText is included.
The NAPTA Series for Process Technology can be used independently and does not require NAPTA participation.
The national standard for the safety, health, and environmental issues of process technology
Safety, Health, and Environment is part of the NAPTA Series for Process Technology. Developed in partnership with Industry and Education, this unprecedented collection supports a consistent curriculum and exit competencies for process technology graduates. Safety, Health, and Environment provides a common national standard for the safety, health, and environment course of a process technology degree program, while serving as a valuable reference guide. The 2nd edition has been thoroughly updated and revised to align with the new NAPTA curriculum.
New! Reach every student with MyLab Process Technology
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Safety, Health, and Environment
2. Types of Hazards and Their Effects
3. Recognizing Chemical Hazards
4. Recognizing Biological Hazards
5. Equipment and Energy Hazards
6. Fire and Explosion Hazards
7. Pressure, Temperature, and Radiation Hazards
8. Hazardous Atmospheres and Respiration Hazards
9. Working Area and Height Hazards
10. Hearing and Noise Hazards
11. Construction, Maintenance, and Tool Hazards
12. Vehicle and Transportation Hazards
13. Natural Disasters and Inclement Weather
14. Physical Security and Cybersecurity
15. Recognizing Ergonomic Hazards
16. Recognizing Environmental Hazards
17. Introduction to Hazard Controls
18. Engineering Controls: Alarms and Indicator Systems
19. Engineering Controls: Process Containment and Process Upset Controls
20. Administrative Controls: Programs and Practices
21. Permitting Systems
22. Personal Protective Equipment and First Aid
23. Monitoring Equipment
24. Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Response Equipment
Appendix: Government/Regulatory and Industry Resources
Published by Pearson (July 28th 2019) - Copyright © 2020