You'll get a bound printed text.
From one of the principal authors of the Addison-Wesley Modular Series on Solid State Devices comes a first: an authoritative and innovative text for the undergraduate course, Semiconductor Device Fundamentals by Robert F. Pierret of Purdue University. By incorporating computer-based exercises and homework problems and providing interesting supplementary readings, the author gives students a meaningful and challenging experience in their first substantial encounter with semiconductor devices.Special Features
- Computer-based exercises and homework problems -- unique to this text and comprising 25% of the total number of problems -- encourage students to address realistic and challenging problems, experiment with "what if" scenarios, and easily obtain graphical outputs. Problems are designed to progressively enhance MATLAB®-use proficiency, so students need not be familiar with MATLAB at the start of your course. Program scripts that are answers to exercises in the text are available at no charge in electronic form (see Teaching Resources below).
- Supplement and Review "Mini-Chapters" after each of the text's three parts contain an extensive review list of terms, test-like problem sets with answers, and detailed suggestions on supplemental reading to reinforce students' learning and help them prepare for exams.
- Read-Only Chapters, strategically placed to provide a change of pace during the course, provide informative, yet enjoyable reading for students.
- Measurement Details and Results samples offer students a realistic perspective on the seldom-perfect nature of device characteristics, contrary to the way they are often represented in introductory texts.
- Covers basic terminology, models, properties, and concepts associated with semiconductors and semiconductor devices.
- Provides detailed coverage of the internal workings of such "building-block" device structures as the pn junction diode, Schottky diode, BJT, and MOSFET.
- Includes coverage of a variety of additional devices such as solar cells, LEDs, HBTs, and modern field effect devices.
- In-text Problem Information Tables after each chapter assist you in assigning homework. The tables rate end-of-chapter problems according to their difficulty, suggest credit or point weighting, and list the text section that must be completed prior to working the given problem.
- Program files of the MATLAB scripts associated with the computer-based exercises are available via ftp (ftp://ftp.mathworks.com/pub/books/pierret) or distributed free on disk by MathWorks, Inc. (both Macintosh and IBM-PC compatible versions)
- Crib-sheet-like equation summaries are included in the critical beginning chapters.
- A Solutions Manual with Instructor's Disk is available for both IBM-PC and Macintosh. Solutions Manual includes solutions to all end-of-chapter problems. Instructor's Disk contains MATLAB problem file solutions and a suggested day-by-day course outline. (Available only through your sales rep.)
Table of contents
I. SEMICONDUCTOR FUNDAMENTALS.
IIA. PN JUNCTION DIODES.
IIB. BJTS AND OTHER JUNCTION DEVICES.
III. FIELD EFFECT DEVICES.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material