Emphasizing writing as a means to examining, evaluating, sharing, and refining ideas, A Short Guide to Writing about Chemistry will help chemists develop the language skills the field demands. KEY TOPICS: This book covers the kinds of readings and writing that chemists are called on to do-from introductory to more advanced work-in academic and industrial settings, and in public life. With comprehensive coverage on topics including graphing programs, ACS formats, Science Citation Index, Merck Index, and writing abstracts, this book is a "must-have" for any aspiring chemist. This edition also provides updated coverage on the Internet, working with computers, and electronic sources.MARKET: For anyone interested in a practical and rewarding guide to communicating successfully about chemistry.
Table of contents
1. Writing And Chemistry: The Basics.
2. Writing And Scientific Responsibility.
3. Reading And Writing To Learn Chemistry.
4. Writing Laboratory Reports.
5. How To Read A Scientific Article: Writing Summaries And Critiques.
6. Writing Literature Reviews.
7. Writing Research Proposals.
8. Chemistry And The Public: Writing To Inform And Persuade.
9. Preparing Oral Presentations.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material