An interactive, digital, and mobile learning environment that replaces the traditional printed text. To register, you’ll need a course invite link from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
DIGITAL UPDATE available now
For courses in Social Problems
Examine social problems via a coherent sociological framework
Revel® Social Problems examines social structure and the underlying features of the social world in order to provide students a coherent framework for understanding social problems. Employing a consistently sociological approach, authors D. Stanley Eitzen, Maxine Baca Zinn, and Kelly Eitzen Smith explain how social problems are interrelated and highlight society’s role in their creation and perpetuation. The Digital Update offers coverage of recent events and topics to help students view social problems through a contemporary lens.
NOTE: Revel is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone Revel access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Revel.
Table of contents
1. The Sociological Approach to Social Problems
2. Wealth and Power: The Bias of the System
PART II: PROBLEMS OF PEOPLE, LOCATION, AND THE ENVIRONMENT
3. World Population and Global Inequality
4. Demographic Changes in the United States: The Browning and Graying of Society
5. Problems of Place: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
6. Threats to the Environment
PART III: PROBLEMS OF INEQUALITY
8. Racial and Ethnic Inequality
9. Gender Inequality
10. Disability and Ableism
PART IV: SOCIAL STRUCTURE AND INDIVIDUAL DEVIANCE
11. Crime and Justice
PART V: INSTITUTIONAL PROBLEMS
13. The Economy and Work
16. The Health Care System
17. National Security in the Twenty-First Century
PART VI: SOLUTIONS
18. Progressive Plan to Solve Social Problems
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material