For courses in research methods, research methods/experimental methods, and research methods in sociology.
Methods and methodology
Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches is a text that has been introducing students to qualitative and quantitative research methods for over 30 years. The text focuses not only on research methods — the techniques of design, measurement, and data collection and analysis — but also on the methodology, the core principles that underlie the design and conduct of research. Simultaneously, it provides an introduction to qualitative and quantitative social research approaches, emphasizing the benefits of hybrid approaches. The 8th Edition has been extensively revised, including updated examples, new and updated example studies, and more.
Table of contents
PART I: FOUNDATIONS
1. Why Do Research?
2. What Are the Major Types of Social Research?
3. Theory and Research
4. The Meanings of Methodology
5. How to Review the Literature and Conduct Ethical Studies
PART II: PLANNING AND PREPARATION
6. Strategies of Research Design
7. Qualitative and Quantitative Measurement
8. Qualitative and Quantitative Sampling
PART III: QUANTITATIVE DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS
9. Experimental Research
10. Survey Research
11. Nonreactive Research and Secondary Analysis
12. Analysis of Quantitative Data
PART IV: QUALITATIVE DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS
13. Field Research and Focus Group Research
14. Historical-Comparative Research
15. Analysis of Qualitative Data
16. Writing the Research Report and the Politics of Social Research
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material